Some History of Broughty Ferry
Broughty Ferry has had a long and varied history. The Community Council published a set of essays to mark the centenary of the annexation of the former Burgh of Broughty Ferry by Dundee on 5th November 1913 (Begg H M, C J Davey and N Davey, The Memory of Broughty Ferry). Links to these essays are provided below along with further notes and their associated bibliographies brought together to encourage further research.
This portion of the web site is edited by Professor Hugh M Begg, Honorary Patrick Geddes Fellow at Dundee University. Further papers from historians dealing with aspects of the history of Broughty Ferry are welcomed.